The test results came back negative. There’s no such thing as “too much powder” when you have the Atomic Backland FR 117 Ski. This freeride powder charger features Atomic’s HRZN Tech ABS sidewall construction, which includes a horizontal rocker to add more surface area to the tip for enhanced flotation, reduced tip deflection, and overall better performance when you’re in the deep stuff. The Backland strikes a stunning performance-to-weight ratio for resort or backcountry use. A poplar wood core keeps the ski light enough for quick tours, while the carbon backbone ensures agility and edge hold when you’re cranking speeds down big mountains. Atomic made this ski with freeriding professionals Sage Cattabriga-Alosa and Dana Flahr, so you know it can handle speedy descents down AK spines.
- Dimensions: [186cm] 140.5 / 117 / 129.5 mm
- Profile: Powder Rocker (tip and tail rocker, camber underfoot)
- Construction: ABS sidewall, sandwich
- Core: Light Woodcore (poplar), Carbon Backbone
- Claimed Weight: 4 lb 8 oz